Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Steve Says We Have to Trust in Something

This quote has completely resonated with me lately and it's helped me realize some things. Recently, I've had some friends that break my heart just by talking about their current relationship status, or why something isn't working out for them at work, for example. Maybe it's just the age we're at; that pivotal time in life we're taught that we are supposed to be figuring shit out. Things like what work we want to be tied to, or what person we want to settle down with. But even if we think we have it all figured out, there's always kinks in the plan. Things never go as smooth as they do in our own minds. It's like they say, there's no point in planning because what's meant to happen is going to happen, regardless. But for someone like me, and I THINK for some of my friends, as well, not having a plan isn't something we're great at coming to terms with. Maybe it's not so much a plan that we need, as it is a well-thought out order of everything in our lives.

I've decided lately that no matter how much I plan something, and no matter how much I WANT something, hard work and an A for effort can only take me so far. I've learned that since I can't control anything or anyone, like good ol' Steve Jobs says, I just need to trust in something instead. For me, I want to trust in what I deserve. Call it karma, if you want, but I want to know what I'm looking for in a person, and I want to know what I deserve in a person, just like I want to know what I deserve in my career, in friendships, and in life in general.

For me, at this point in my life, this isn't the pivotal age to be figuring EVERYTHING out. It's only the time to be figuring out what I deserve and what I'm aiming to achieve and who I'm hoping to notsettlebutsettledownwith. And that's perfectly okay. It's totally FINE to not have a significant other, or my dream job, or my dream car - things that I know I would love to have someday, but it's not right this second and that's alright. That way, when I actually need to figure something out for good, not only will I have a great starting point, I will have a very well-thought out idea of what exactly I deserve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment