Thursday, August 9, 2012

5 Things that Piss Me Off at Concerts

Anyone that knows me is aware that I am big into music, and going to concerts is one of my favorite pastimes. I just got a boner thinking about it, actually. Recently, I've observed some things at concerts that I'd like to share with those less concert-conscious. Being a concert-goer is an art, don't ya know? SO many things can make or break the amount of a good time someone has at a show. Even things besides how expensive the alcohol is while you're there, or whether the lead singer is too doped up to function. Things like the 5 things listed below:

  1. If you don't know any songs, or only know the "popular one," GET OUT OF THE WAY. Really. Just move. Let the people who know every line, of every chorus, of every song, get the good spot. For example: I'm a huge fan of Fun. I ADORE seeing them live; It's so much fun! Literally! I sing along, I jump, I dance, for god's sake, I must look fucking ridiculous, now that I think about it. Regardless, nothing pisses me off more than the person standing in front of me (at 6' tall, mind you), checking Facebook, waiting for "We Are Young" to play just so they can finally recognize something. Go sit on the sidelines, lame-o, this is serious shit.
  2. Don't bring your draft beer into the pit, even if the place lets you. Isn't this kind of common sense? I'm at the point right now that it wouldn't be a concert if someone didn't pour an entire drink down my back. I get that you are drinking, and living the good life, and just trying to have a good time, man. But so am I, and I would prefer to not look like I just pissed myself while doing it.
  3. Don't get so drunk/drugged up that you have to have your friend prop you up from behind. You know how much you can handle, just work with that. I guarantee you that your friend doesn't want to be your babysitter. And everyone else around you doesn't want to keep tabs on you, just to figure out if you are going to vom on them at any given second.
  4. Don't be a zombie. NO ONE has a good time when they have an uptight concert-goer with them. I think the one thing that makes concerts so much fun is the fact that no one gives a flying fuck what anyone else does. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm certain that I look absolutely absurd when I am sweating my ass off from jumping, and fist pumping like it's not even Pauly D's business. But that's what you do at concerts- or at least the ones I'm going to. If you want to plant your feet in one spot and be a giant cock block for anyone trying to have a little fun, go see Celine Dion or something, NOT Grouplove (this is a hint for all Grouplove ticket-holders for the STL show in October). I didn't sign up for that shit. 
  5. On the other hand, don't be the only people raging it up, either. This is tricky because of #3, and I'm a bit of a crazy one myself, but there's something to be said for letting the band be the center of attention. If you and your two friends are attempting to start an ever-so-cool mosh pit while everyone else is jabbing you in the abdomen with their shank, it's not because they want to join you. It's because you are annoying the shit out of them and no one else is playing with you. Look around. Try not to piss anyone off by going over the top with rocking out. You could instantly ruin someone else's time. If the people next to you are duds, try to move somewhere else with people who won't mind you actin' a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment